The Saft LSH20 is a D size primary lithium cell based on Lithium Thionyl Chloride (Li-SOCl2) chemistry and features high surface area spiral electrodes for maximum current capability.
They are designed for applications requiring continuous currents in the 0.1-1.8A range, with superimposed pulses as high as 4A.
- Spirally wound electrodes
- Stainless steel container
- Hermetic and sturdy glass-to-metal sealing
- Built-in safety vents
- Individual cells with 5.5 A non-resettable fuse
- Available as individual batteries or multi-cell battery packs
- Utility metering
- Automated meter reading
- Alarms and security wireless devices
- Mobile asset tracking
- Global Positioning Satellite
- Emergency location transmitters beacons (ELTs, EPIRBs)
- Professional electronics
- Military radiocommunication
- Oil exploration
- Automotive telematics
- High operating voltage, stable during most of the application lifetime
- Good pulse capability
- Wide operating temperature range (-60°C to +70°C), +120°C for some cell versions
- Good resistance to passivation
- Non-flammable (and non-pressurized at ambient temperature), inorganic (but corrosive) electrolyte
- Less than 3% capacity loss per year, during storage at ambient temperature before use
- Performance independent from cell orientation
- Up to 25 years of mass production experience
- Compliant with the European directive RoHS
- Good safety records
This battery may also be known by the reference ER34615M.
Word of Warning: These cells are fused for safety. If you accidentally short circuit them in handling during your pack building process then they will be useless to you (do NOT attempt to replace the fuse). Under no circumstances should you solder directly to any cell, this is against the manufacturer’s guidelines. If you need more advice please Contact Us.