The Petzl PIXA 2 is a Head Torch with mixed beam, designed for close-range work and for movement.
The Head Torch keeps the hands free for work: may be worn on the head with the headband, mounted on a helmet, or placed on the ground.
- Mounting plate for helmets without headband (included)
- Two lighting modes:
- A mode adapted for close-range work: mixed beam with wide, uniform base, lights to 20 meters for 12 hours (30 lumens)
- A mode adapted for movement: mixed beam with focused component in upper part of the beam allows user to move around comfortably, lights to 30 meters for 6 hours (40 lumens)
- Constant lighting, guaranteed lighting performance that does not diminish during its entire lifetime
- Reserve lighting when batteries are almost discharged: lights to 10 meters for a minimum of 10 hours
- Easy to use, even when wearing gloves:
- Two-mode rotating selector dial
- Lamp body can be oriented to direct the light according to need (rotation up to 45°)
- Fast and easy battery change
- Excellent resistance to falls (2 meters), to impacts and to crushing (80 kg)
- Storage position protects the glass and keeps Head Torch from being turned on accidentally
- Comfortable adjustable headband, easily detached for washing
- Battery charge indicator flashes repetitively
- Waterproof to -1 m for 30 minutes (IP 67), no maintenance required after immersion
- ATEX: CE0080, Ex II 3 GD, Ex nAnL IIB T4
- HAZLOC: class I Groups C & D div II, Class II Group G div II, Operating Temperature code T4.
- Resistant to chemicals
- Functions with two AA/LR6 batteries (included), compatible with alkaline batteries, rechargeable Ni-MH and Ni-Cd batteries, and lithium batteries
- NB: by replacing your PIXA Head Torch’s alkaline batteries with lithium or rechargeable Ni-Mh batteries, you can double the burn time of your headlamp, with identical lighting performance (however, the ATEX and HAZLOC certifications will no longer be guaranteed)
- 3-year guarantee
Please note that these certifications for the PIXA 2 are only valid with alkaline batteries